Thursday, January 15, 2009

Expecting

As you can see we are expecting again. We told our families about a week ago. I think it came as a shock to most people especially me. Yes I am excited, but also very nervous. Molly is going to turn 1 in a few days and will only be 18 months old when her sibling comes. I am also scared because not enough time has passed and I haven't forgotten what it was like to bring a child into the world. This pregnancy has been a lot different than the first, so people are are guessing it will be a boy. With Molly I was sick and throwing up all day every day for six months. I am now in my second trimester and feel ok. I am still nauseated but don't throw up very often, and I feel so tired all the time. Molly still doesn't sleep through the night and I am trying to ween her but it isn't working so well. So if you have ideas on how to change that let me know. I don't enjoy being pregnant and nursing at the same time. Having Molly in our family has been a joy and a great blessing and we can't wait to add to growing family.

8 comments:

Kathleen said...

Congratulations!!! Glad you're not feeling as sick this time around :) I'll give you a call.

Goodrich said...

I love you guys- Congrats. I don't hate you by the way- hope you know it. ;)

Tyler and Kristen said...

oh wow! What a big step! Alex isn't really sleeping through the night either, but about a week ago I decided i'd had enough. This book I swear by said to just stop feeding her or picking her up at night when she cries, cold turkey. It was so hard the first night. I fed her at 9 and then didn't get her until 6am. She cried for 45 min in the middle of the night. the second night was much better, like 10 min of crying. the third night she slept all the way through. Last night was a bit of crying again but just because of a poopy diaper. So there is my advice. You may want to try it, it worked for us. Tyler slept on the couch and it killed me not to go to her, but i'm getting more sleep. When do you find out if it's a boy or girl?!

Traci said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting!

Tyson & Rebecca Sloan (Mr. Incredible & his sweetheart) said...

Oh I love children!!! Makes me so happy to hear your news. I am so excited for you. Even though our little Rachel is 5 weeks old we can't help but think about more, but you know me - I have always wanted kids, and now that I have gotten a taste I want the whole pie. (Wow that was a long-probably more than one- sentance.) We are so happy for you!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!

Sarah and Mark said...

Congratulations!!! That is so exciting! Hope you continue to feel better, I'm sure you feel drained giving to 2 babies! That will be fun for Molly to have a friend! We just barely starting getting Adriana to sleep through the night. It was super hard, but she's doing a lot better now and we get a better sleep too. I didn't want to believe the "cry it out" theory, but it actually worked! Good luck!

Raggles said...

Oh my goodness! Meehan! I am so jealous. Congrats on the pregnancy! We really need to do something together. I want to see that cute little girl of yours and get to spend time with you. I'm free anytime, except tuesday and thursday mornings. What works for you?