Friday, September 11, 2009

Payson Onion Days




Labor Day is Payson's big celebration. Friday we started the weekend by going to the carnival. Molly was such a chicken which I new would happen. I don't know why she is so scared of EVERYTHING but it drives me crazy. I tried to put her on every kid ride there but she screamed and I ended up taking her off. She wouldn't even do the big yellow slide. We then tried the merry-go-round. I tried putting her on a horse and she freaked, so her and I sat on the bench. She thought it was fun until the ride started. People probably thought I was so mean making her go on it but come on. Then we ate dinner at the park, my favorite part of Labor Day is all the food. I of course had my favorite Navajo taco. So good! Then we watched fireworks. All I can say is they were so LAME. Payson usually does a pretty good show but this year it was pathetic, not worth keeping kids up late for.

Saturday we went back to the park to walk around the booths, and watch my cousins go on rides. It was so fun to have the Burr's there this year. They moved to Florida, then to Organ, and now they are back in Utah. Molly absolutely loves my 8 year old cousin Jack. They are the best of friends. Then we watched the BYU game. My sister Melanie served her mission on OU campus so she is a huge OU fan. Boy was she disappointed.

Sunday was a relaxing day. After church my mom and I made Chinese food. We learned how to make it at Young Women's. We only made ham fried rice and egg rolls, it was too much work to do the chicken too. Oh man it was so good. Then we went to my grandparents to celebrate my aunt Nancy's birthday. Aaron came home and put Molly to bed and then we stayed up way late doing my aunt Joan, and Nancy's hair.

Monday was the Grand Parade. Grandpa saved us a great spot in the shade. Molly loved the helicopters that flew over head and hated the fire trucks. I don't blame her though they were super loud. Uncle Tony bought cotton candy for the kids and it was pretty entertaining. Molly wasn't sure about it, but once she tasted it she loved it. She ate so much candy. After the parade it was back to my Grandparents for a BBQ. We ate lunch had a quick nap, and back to the park. Aaron's parents called because the met up with Sisalee to get Alex and Ammon for the week while she went to a conference, and they were on their way through, so they stopped to say hi. We took the boys on some carnival rides. They loved the dragon roller coaster best. Alex wanted to go on this big kid ride, so Aaron went with him. While on the ride, Aaron asked him if he was having fun and he said, "ya it is fun but I think I am going to have a sick belly." What a brave boy. After they went on a few rides they went and played on the playground with Grandma. It was fun to have them stop by. We sat at the park and enjoyed the entertainment, had a texas twister, spud dog, and deep fried oreo's. Then we hurried home to welcome my aunt Marianne home from the US Open. She is amazing, she played in US Open and won gold in singles and doubles. I will post more when I get pictures.

We hope you all had a fun weekend.

3 comments:

Mama Bear said...

Cute pictures of a fun weekend. You need to send me the ones you have of Konner since I didn't take any.

Kathleen said...

How fun! Love all the pictures in your slide! And Colby's rolls are downright adorable!!

Ginay said...

I would love to, how bout on Wednesday?? Lunch at like 12...and thenwe can go over and see Miss Ev. Let me know