Saturday, September 26, 2009

Oh our little Molly girl is so funny. We love watching her entertain us. A couple of months ago she learned to count to 10. She gets really excited when she does it and it is so cute. She has also learned her ABC's but it is to hard to get her to hold still for the video that long so we will keep working on that. She is now 20 months old, but talks like a three year old. She has been putting 2-3 words together now for a while but now she just talks in full on sentences. It is fun to carry on a conversation with her.

She loves nursery, and when the music lady comes in, Molly pretty much run the place. Molly tells her exactly what songs they sing for the day. It is funny because Molly is so little compared to all the other kids, in fact some kids follow her around patting her on the head, while calling her baby.

She still isn't eating much, so she still isn't growing much. Colby is well on his way to surpassing her. She has finally started to grow out of some of her 12 month tops, but still wearing 12 month bottoms. I put her 18 month jeans on her the other day and the second she started walking they fell right off her little bum. So if anybodyhas ideas for me on how to get my kid to eat let me know.

We love you Molly and we think you are the smartest little girl ever!!

7 comments:

Becky said...

Two words: chocolate milk

Traci said...

That is adorable! Love the videos. She talks so cute!

Sarah and Wes said...

What a beautiful family you have! I can't believe that you have two kids!

Kathleen said...

Molly's a beautiful genius! So fun to hear her count! Can't wait to see a video of her singing the alphabet. When you finally get that on film, you'll have to remind everyone just how young she was the first time she was able to sing her ABC's. I can just imagine her taking charge of music time in nursery!♫♪♫

With the food issue, I've heard it's best to take foods that toddlers already love and add in more nutrients and protein unbeknownst to them. Example: if Molly loves macaroni and cheese but won't eat corn or carrots or squash, blend and puree these yellow vegetables and mix them in with the cheese sauce. You can also put almonds or sunflower seeds in a food processor and sprinkle this extra protein in spaghetti sauce. You can buy flaxseed in a powdered form and do the same. You can also add finely chopped broccoli, celery, bell peppers, spinach and/or zucchini (maybe sautéeing them first)to tomato sauce before baking lasagne.

Even if Molly's picky ways persist for awhile, you can be proactive in the few foods she does eat, just by choosing to buy and prepare whole grains and foods low in sugar but high in protein. Avoiding foods with preservatives, additives, and hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oils does wonders for anyone's heart and overall health. Also, if you can encourage her to take little tastes of foods she thinks she doesn't like, over time the taste will probably grow on her. Supposedly after the 10th to 12th time of trying any vegetable or any food (this goes for adults, too), you start not minding that food and can even start liking it. Guess the challenge there might be getting Molly to take those bites in the first place.

But this is all coming from someone who was EXTREMELY picky as a child and lived primarily off of cold cereal, quesadillas, Spaghettios, Mac 'n Cheese, and toast. Honestly, I'm not sure how I even grew to adulthood, corn and potatoes being the only veggies I ate! My parents never forced me to try things I thought I didn't like and didn't encourage me too much to branch out of my dietary staples. As a child, I loved that; but now as an adult, I wish they had been more persistent. Perhaps I would have had a healthier immune system and grown a little taller even.

One last tip paraphrased from Dr. Jim Sears who is a pediatrician and one of four physicians on the TV show The Doctors: if you want your child to grow, cut back on their sugar intake. High amounts of sugar in any child's diet have been proven to stunt a child's growth. I tell parents this all the time: remove excess sugar from your child's diet, and you can reverse the trend.

Here's the web site address to learn more about Dr. Sears: http://thedoctorstv.com/main/the_doctors_section_head?name=Jim+Sears

Tyler and Kristen said...

i think i have you email. and so I think I am emailing you RIGHT NOW about hanging out.

Mama Bear said...

jjmjnnnnnnnnnnnnnnh Love Konner

He watched it with me and laughed the whole time so we played them over and over. What a cutie patootie my little Molly girl!

Another way to add more nutrients is to put qinoua in her food. It is tasteless so it tastes like whatever you put it in and adds protien, fiber and other nutrients.

Misty said...

She is adorable! Not only does she count, she flies through those numbers! I hope my boys aren't the ones hasslin' her in nursery...if they are, you can give her permission to kick 'em. :)

No advice for the food issue, but I hope you've discovered the pants with the adjustable waist. It's the only way Aaron's pants will stay on him. (My Aaron, not yours.) :) They have them at Old Navy and The Children's Place, but I get mine all from Kid To Kid.