On Monday night when I put Molly to bed she had a stuffy nose that was bothering her. Then at 9:30 she woke up coughing. She sounded so bad. Luckily we have an awesome doctor (Bro. Cory if you know him) and Aaron called him on his cell. He could hear her in the background and said she had croup. He told us to get a humidifier and put it by her bed. He said to bring her in if her chest was retracting, a fever, or stopped eating. She cried if I put her down, so I continued to hold her until around 2:30 am. At this point she couldn't breath and was gasping for air, her chest was retracting really bad, she was coughing and choking up crud, and I was terrified. Because she couldn't breathe we decided to take her to the ER. They gave her some kind of steroids and they did breathing treatments on her. It was so sad to see my happy little girl so helpless. Om Tuesday I spent the entire day holding her while she slept in my arms. She was only awake for a total of 3 hours yesterday. Today she is super fussy. She won't sleep, she won't let me put her down, and she is just plain miserable. I however am exhausted. No sleep, no food, and I don't even drink anything because she cries if I put her down to go to the bathroom. Normally I let her cry but because she is sick, when she cries it starts her coughing attacks and it just isn't worth it. I can't wait for Molly to get better and to be her cheerful self again. Sick babies are no fun!
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm sorry, I imagine it is way yucky. When Konner had a cold I thought that was bad so I'm sure this is even worse! We'll keep her in our prayers. Get better soon Cutie Patutie Molly so you can see your favorite Aunt and cousin!
oh poor baby! she's lucky to have a mommy like you!
I'm sorry to hear that Molly isn't feeling well. That is no fun. I hope she is better soon!
I know what you mean- when the boys start to cough I put Vicks Vapor Rub on the soles of their feet and then socks to cover that. Also I put it on their chests and it works to stop the coughing. Try it some time. When are you guys coming again?
Post a Comment