Monday, July 28, 2008

Sleepless Nights


So Molly started sleeping through the night when she was about 6 weeks old. It was heaven. However, she is gradually waking up more and more. when she hit about 4 months old she started waking up a couple times at night. I figured she was just hitting a growth spurt. I thought she might not be getting enough to eat, so that is when I started feeding her cereal and other foods. It seemed to help a little. Then she became really fussy around 5 months. She constantly pulled at her ears (until they would bleed,)so I instantly thought she had an ear infection. So I had the nurse at work test her ears and they were fine. So my next thought was the dreadful TEETHING. I bought the baby oral gel day/night, and the teething tablets but that still didn't help her sleep through the night. At that point I ran out of ideas. I don't think she was teething because she still has no teeth, but I have no idea what her deal is. She is just over 6 months old and she wakes up constantly. Like last night from 10:00 pm to 1:00 am, she woke up every 20 minutes screaming. I would just start to doze off and next thing I know she'd be screaming. Finally she slept from 1:00 - 4:30, then she was a wake again at 6:30. I decided I needed to start a strict routine. I thought I had a routine but I realized it wasn't happening at the same time every night. We are horrible at getting her to bed at the same time every night, and I know we get her to bed pretty late (9:30ish) but when Aaron doesn't get home until 7, and by the time we eat dinner and go to the gym it is 9:00. I am desperate at getting Molly to sleep through the night again so tonight is the first night of our "strict" routine. I feed her and give her a bath. Then our favorite, we lay her on our bed for about 10 minutes and play. She gets very giggly when she is tired. (I will post a video later.) I then fed her and get her to bed by 8:30. I hope she will get sleeping through the night again, it is so hard to function on little sleep. Wish me luck!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Megan! Its so good to hear from you! Your little baby is so cute! How is life, other than not sleeping?

Traci said...

HI Aaron and Megan! I'm glad you found our blog. I've been wondering how you guys were doing. I miss you guys. Molly is so cute! Good luck getting her to sleep through the night.

Mama Bear said...

Sounds like she sleeps as bad as Konner these days. He slept better 3 weeks ago than he does now. Oh well, he's cute and sweet so I think we'll keep him! I hope your new routine works for little Molly-Olly!

Warrior Princesa said...

of course i remember you silly!!! remember all our fun words by the pool?! how are you? your baby is so cute!!! keep in touch meg! btw i never said, but congrats on marriage too!

Raggles said...

oh man! Hayden is doing the same thing right now! He got his first 2 teeth almost 2 weeks ago and ever since he has been up every half hour to hour and a half all night long. It's killin' me! He used to sleep through the night soooo well too, so maybe it is just the age? Good luck! I feel for you! Thanks for sending me the invite to your blog.

Goodrich said...

Have I told you I love the updates. I love that picture, it is so beautiful. Love ya