This week has been so much fun. It started with getting a new nephew. My sister Melanie had her baby on July 1st. His name is Konner Reed, 8lbs 12oz, 21" long. He is so cute and has a head full of black hair. I will have pictures soon. I was able to go and see him at the hospital and it was pretty funny to see him next to Molly. She looks so big next to him. She got pretty jealous every time I held him. When my sister called to tell me she was on her way to the hospital to be induced it brought back so many memories. I remember the morning I got the phone call to head over to labor and delivery. I was scared, excited, and so overwhelmed. It is an absolute miracle and blessing to have the opportunity of having a baby.
Then on July 3rd we packed up and went to Idaho to celebrate the 4th of July. We traveled there with Kerry, Leslie, and Kason. We arrived to Idaho at 11:30 that night. The next morning we went for a walk along the river, to see the firework display. We talked with some security people and the told us that they would be shooting off 7 fireworks per second for 31 minutes. I was so stressed all day about Molly's ears. I knew we were going to be sitting very close and it made me very nervous. We ended up going to Wal-Mart to buy wax earplugs for Molly. Karissa put them in her ears for me and then we used Kasons ear muffs to put over her ears. She didn't seem bothered by the plugs or the noise.
She enjoyed the fireworks for the first 20 minutes and then she was busy playing with Grandma's hat. Molly was such a good baby the entire weekend, so that helped make the trip even more enjoyable. I will post more pictures of the trip but my batteries died on the camera so I had April take pictures on her camera and she will be e-mailing them soon.
1 comments:
I'm glad to see you finally updated your blog after you got after me! If you want to head on over there is a slide show of Konner and I included a Molly picture too.
Post a Comment