Friday, December 4, 2009

Stuff and Such

Wow we are still alive, just been slacking on the blogging world a bit. So much to write about, it has been like 2 months since I last posted. October is long over, November came and went, and we are now into December. I can't believe it. This will be a long post so I am sorry but I have to catch up then I am going to stay up on it.

October: We had the annual Goodrich Halloween mix up dinner. This is one of the funnest nights at my in laws. This year we each made two entrees for the dinner. Leslie made up the menu and we all order things but had no idea what we were ordering or what order it would all come in. We had lots of yummy food, bones, mummies and deadies, eyeballs, wombat toes, pond scum, ghosts on broomsticks, and Frankenstein delight, just to name a few things. The pond scum was by far the yuckiest!

Here are the fish eggs, that were in the pond scum!




We celebrated my niece, Kylah's 4th birthday. We took her to Pirate Island! This place was so much fun, way better than chuck e cheese and better food too. My cousin is a waiter there and it was fun to see him all dressed up like a pirate!

Brayden, Skyler, Michelle, and Kylah



The next day we frosted Halloween sugar cookies. The kids each frosted one and just wanted to eat it so me and Grandma Connie had to do the rest. Molly just licked all the frosting off her cookie!Then it was Halloween. Halloween day for us was moving day!! We moved into our house on Halloween. Thank goodness for family and friends that helped us all day. My mother in law took Molly the night before so we could pack and load, then they all met us at the new house and helped us unload. My mom and MIL helped me unbox my kitchen which is always the biggest project! The rest of the family was upstairs putting beds together and setting up the kids rooms. It was like Christmas. Aaron and I moved into the tiniest appartment when we got married and there was not really much of a kitchen so most of our stuff stayed in boxes, then we moved to my moms house and it all went into storage. It was so fun getting out all my tupperware!!! I had forgotten I had so much.

That night we decided to go back to Payson for trick or treating since we didn't know anyone at our new place. We were in such a hurry and a mess that I forgot the camera. Luckily I got a few of Molly before and my grandma got some of them on Halloween but I don't have the pictures from her. Molly was a carebear. The first costume she had was a bunny but she refused to put it on, then I bought her the cutest little elephant thinking she would love it because she loves Horton, WRONG she was terrified. My mom found the cutest carebear costume for her which was perfect because Molly has 4 of them that she carries everywhere and sleeps with. She calls them her babies. My mom even found the carebear costume that matched one of her babies. She didn't want to wear it at first but Aaron forced it on her then she didn't want to take it off. Colby was a puppy, we also had a bear costume from my sister but Molly wanted him to be a puppy. However I only have the pictures of him as a bear. He didn't mind either way what he was.







On to November; like I said it came and went so fast. Most of our days were spent unpacking and trying to get our home liveable. We still don't have things hung on the walls because I am wanting to paint and I am afraid if things get hung before the painting will never get done. One of the first couple of days of being in our house I was so tired of having Molly's help unpacking so I stuck her up in her highchair with snacks and a movie going, and when I came to check on her this is what I found

All the unpacking wore her out. It was so cute though I couldn't help but take a picture. Her little head was bobling all over.

In November Colby hit his 4 month mark which means a doctors visit. He was 17 pounds 9 oz !!!! Are you kidding, what a chunck! We started him on his rice cereal. I thought that he would eat like a champ since he is so big and he watches us like a little puppy dog when we eat but nope. He is not a fan. At first I thought it was just because he didn't know how but I think he just doesn't like it.










5 comments:

Mama Bear said...

You got the costume stuff mixed up, the puppy is Konners and the bear is moms. I love that Molly fell asleep in her high chair and holy cow fat little boy! My bet, he's gonna out weigh his sister before he's a year old. If you want to try a different kind of cereal I'd recommend barley, Konner loved it!

Misty said...

Hooray! You promised we'd stay cyber friends after you moved, so I've been dying for a new post! Ahem...#1 I love Pirate Island. Happiest Place Ever. #2 Molly as a CareBear is TO DIE FOR! (The puppy is pretty darn cute, too, but I so love the CareBear costume!) #3 I'm so glad you took that picture of Molly in her high chair. So stinkin' adorable. And #4 Holy chunker! Melia was 16.2 at her 4 month appointment, and everyone kept saying how big that was. Colby is one solid babe.

Whew, not bad for 2 months of activity. We've missed you.

The Goodrich's said...

Hi Megan! It's the other Megan Goodrich..haha. Your kids are too cute-it was good to see you at Thanksgiving!

Tyler and Kristen said...

next time we will have to do a lunch thing and i'll make it for you. good movie though, yest i would rocomend. Molly is so cute and was such a trooper! We will have to make these get togethers more regular once the holidays are over. Oh, and can you beleive i forgot to put the car in 4wheel drive!!! i was so embarassed, especially when i was telling Tyler the story and he inturupted me and said "how could you get stuck, the car has 4wheel drive". good thing those guys were there!
have a great christmas, see you soon i hope!

Kathleen said...

Thanks so much for the recap of many of your goings-on over the past few months. Good to hear you're getting settled in your new house. Way cool that you finally get to enjoy all your kitchen stuff, too. Molly makes the cutest Care Bear, especially towing her own little Care Bears! And Colby is such a handsome little black bear! I'm sure he looked adorable as a puppy as well:)