Monday, March 2, 2009

So last week we got a message on Aaron's cell phone from the doctor. He said he was concerned about the ultrasound. He said the placenta is too low into the birth canal and that he was going to keep a close eye on things and have another ultrasound in a few weeks. So maybe I am a little paranoid but I thought that was crazy to leave a message like that. I instantly called a friend of mine (thanks Amelia) to ask her what exactly this meant. She told me sometimes as the baby grows it will push the placenta over and things are just fine. She also said in some cases they put you on bed rest to keep the pressure of the baby off the placenta. People have been telling us many different stories, some good some bad. Somebody said that because the birth of Molly was so terrible and everything ripped, stretched, and tore, and never really healed properly that the chances of the placenta moving are slim to none. I can't help but to think the worst. My appointment with my doctor was scheduled for Thursday afternoon, but I was called today and told he wanted to see me first thing tomorrow morning, as if I wasn't scared enough. I know there have been a lot of prayers in our behalf, but when my mother in law called yesterday to tell us they all fasted for us I felt so much peace. It means so much to Aaron and I that we have so much love and support from family and friends. We hope we are worrying over nothing but I am going with a list of questions and we will let you all know the news.

5 comments:

Sarah and Wes said...

Yikes!! Good luck with your doctor's appointment, and we'll be thinking about you.

Tyler and Kristen said...

We will pray for you as well! We are thinking of you! Good luck and let us know the news!!!

Kathleen said...

We're praying for the health of your beautiful baby boy and your own health as well, Megan. Thank you for keeping us informed!

Goodrich said...

We love you and continue to pray for you all, especially you and little baby. LOVE YOU!

Tyson & Rebecca Sloan (Mr. Incredible & his sweetheart) said...

Megan, megan. Well life wouldn't be life without something unexpected. I'll keep you and your little one in my prayers. I have a general feeling that things will turn out fine. If you are not satisfied with what your doctor tells you, OR if you want to talk feel free to call me or e-mail. In L&D I've seen lots of this type of thing!