Thursday, July 8, 2010

One Year Down





On July 6th my baby boy turned 1 year old. It was harder on me than when Molly turned one. With her I guess I was excited and looked forward to her birthday. The fact that I was already pregnant with Colby and knowing that I was going to have a baby again soon enough played a big role too. As I browsed through pictures of this last year I was a bit emotional. The time goes so quickly and I forget so quickly all the special moments. Colby has been such a blessing in our lives. It was hard for me to come to grips with having another child so close to the first. I was not ready in so many ways. However, I would not change it for the world. Colby is by far the sweetest little boy ever. He has big blue eyes, and he can light up a room with his smile. We joke about how you know your kids are cute when people go out of their way to tell you how adorable they are. We get stopped multiple times when we are out in public by random people telling us how cute they are. I have to agree as well. Colby has so much personality and is the most lovable boy. He LOVES his sister can't seem to get enough of her. As Colby is getting older it is so fun to sit back and watch them play together. Molly is like a mini mommy to him. He is a mama's boy and I love it. Colby gives the best slobbery open mouth kisses ever, and he does it all day. He is a climber, he has been climbing our stairs for a few months, climbs on the couch, and his sister. His favorite place in the house is the toilet. He is a very curious little boy. Every morning he has to give daddy loves and stand on the porch and wave bye bye, if we do not do that he is one mad little boy. Colby is starting to walk. He has been standing on his own for a while but he is now taking 2-3 steps on his own and then he stands back up by himself too. I am excited to see him grow and watch more of his personality develop. I am grateful to be a mother and for the joy that it brings to my life. I am grateful to have the opportunity to be at home to raise my children. They teach my every day and and I love them so much! Happy Birthday little Colbster!

6 comments:

Kathleen said...

Happy Birthday, Colby! It really does seem like his first year flew by way faster than Molly's. Colby is so handsome and fun and sweet and all-boy! Looks like he thoroughly enjoyed his cake and his party. That's great that everyone agrees that your kids are adorable! I love the story of people stopping you to tell you that, as they should!

Sarah and Wes said...

Yay, happy birthday!! I only have one, but I still can't believe how fast it goes!

Matt and Camille Tanner said...

Hi Megan, its Aaron's cousin, Camille. I noticed that several people in your family have blogs (Kailyn, Sisalee, Spencer etc). They are all private, but I don't have email addresses for any of them. Would you do me a favor and see if I could get an invite to their blogs??? My email address is camille.tanner@gmail.com
Thanks for your help!

Mama Bear said...

Happy birthday sweet little Colbster! Such a cutie pie! I can't believe he is 1 already! Next year we should do a joint 2nd/3rd birthday party for the boys, how fun would that be?!

Trent and Kimberly Ewing said...

I cannot believe how old he is already!! crazy how time flies

Goodrich said...

What a little doll face. I miss you guys and pray all is well. Happy late Birthday Colby!