Thursday, January 14, 2010

2 years and 6 month

My babies are growing oh so quickly. We took them to see the doctor on Tuesday to see just how big they are! Luckily Aaron was able to come and help me, because they both got shots, and lets just say I don't have the bravest girl on my hands. She screamed just getting measured. So you can imagine the drama of getting shots. That hour spent in the office was exhausting to say the least. For the most part both kiddos are doing really well.

Molly's Stats at almost 2 years old:
23 pounds 8 ounces we made it to the 15th percentile!!!!! YAY
33 inches tall she is getting so tall 50 th percentile
Molly is finally growing, eating a little better and more variety! Everyone still thinks she is tiny but I am thrilled she is growing. She is starting to grow into her 18 month clothes. She is super smart (and sassy.) She talks like a 5 year old. Loves to sing, some of her favs are Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam, ABC's, wheels on the bus, I am a Child of God. Loves books and has most of hers memorized. Loves balls, bouncy balls, marbles, and chap stick, oh and her care bear babies. Her latest trick is jumping off the couch, but before she jumps she has to count to 10 in English or Spanish. Molly is our little princess and tells us everyday, "Jesus loves me and I am a princess." She still has her daddy wrapped around her little finger. She loves when daddy tells her stories like Goldilocks and the 3 bears. One night while daddy was at school she wanted me to tell her the 3 Little Pigs and I started but it was not even close to the way daddy does it. He does actions and silly voices. Anyway she was less than impressed and told me to stop and said, "just daddy say it not mommy." She loves to say prayers and read scriptures, every time she starts reading any book she begins by saying And it came to pass. She adores her brother and loves to help him when he is sad. She is so entertaining and makes me laugh all day.


Colby's Stats at 6 months:

18 pounds 11 ounces 75th percentile
28 inches 95th percentile
Is my baby boy really already 6 months old? Wow! He is getting tall and slimming down, or just growing into the chub. He loves his rice cereal and we just started him on some carrots this week and he loves those too. I don't want to jinx myself but I am pretty excited to get a good eater. Colby is so full of personality. He loves anyone who will talk to him or hold him. He has the biggest blue eyes and cutest smile that make my heart melt! He loves to laugh especially at Molly. He loves to play in his jumper. He goes a little crazy in there, but it is my lifesaver. One day I hope he decides that sleep is good. He was sleeping through the night at 3 weeks old but when he hit 3 months old he decided sleep is over rated. I am lucky if he only wakes up every 2 hours but that is rare. He is so full of personality. We can't imagine our little family without him.

I was terrified when I found out I was pregnant again. Molly was only 9 months old and I was just starting to feel like myself again. I was in complete denial. I got a lot of grief for having kids so close. I was scared, it hadn't been long enough to forget the drama of delivering Molly. However, in all my uncertainty I was still happy, deep down. Colby is just perfect for our family. Yes days are difficult but I think that is the case with no matter how many kids you have and no matter the age gap. There is nothing greater than the miracle of becoming a mom. I love my kids and I am grateful that the Lord in trusted His kids to me to teach throughout this life.

4 comments:

Becky said...

Thank you for your post, Megan. Your words really lifted me today. May you continue to be so blessed.

Mama Bear said...

Well Molly is catching up with Konner and Colby is right on their heels! Just wait until that little guy starts moving, then he will slim right down and barely resemble that little ball of chub he is right now. Sometimes I miss the ball of chub. Molly cracks me up and I forget sometimes how old she is since she has all the vocabulary and attitude of a 5 year old. I may be calling you for pointers here soon on how to do it with two of them!

Kathleen said...

It's so fun getting updates on your beautiful babies! And, of course, other things as well. That's great that Molly is eating better and growing so much. And I loved reading about how Colby has been such a blessing to your family. It's hard for me to imagine anyone giving you grief over having your kids close together! Really! And I don't think I could ever convey how impressive it is that Molly speaks so well and can do so many things! She's bilingual, at least well on her way! She's a cutie! So is Colby!

Sarah and Wes said...

Reading the last paragraph of this post made me feel so much better. I'm so scared to get pregnant again because West's c-section was so traumatic for me. It makes me glad to know that I'm not insane and not the only one. And that it will be fine when the time comes! Thanks!