Thursday, September 4, 2008

Labor Day - Onion Day's

Yes that is right the Golden Onion Days were last weekend in Payson. It is one of my most favorite times of the year. My entire family gets together to enjoy fireworks,carnival,lots of deep fried foods including pickles,oreos, onion rings, curly fries,and funnel cakes, we also have a parade, booths, and entertainment at the park. It is very exciting. It was both Aaron and Molly's first experience of Onion Days. We started the weekend off by entering Molly in the baby contest. The theme for this year was "When I Grow Up" That being said and with the Olympics fresh on the mind we dressed her up like a USA Olympic gold medal swimmer. She didn't win but we thought she looked pretty dang cute!


We then headed over to my dad's house to watch the fireworks. Below is a picture of Molly with Grandpa J. He was visiting from Nevada. We gave Molly a little light stick to keep her occupied and after a few minutes of sitting with Grandpa she was fast asleep.
On Sunday afternoon we went to my aunt Christeen's house for dinner. Above is a picture of Molly playing on my dad's shoulders. The next is with the two grandpas.
On Monday morning we went to our usual parade spot. In had rained all night but the sun was just coming out as the paraded was starting. By the time the parade got to us it was not only windy and rainy,but it started to hail. Molly didn't seem to mind the rain at all. It was cold and I was trying to keep her covered up but she wanted to be free. Needless to say we didn't last long before we headed home to get warm. I just had to get a picture of Molly at her first parade.After the rain went away and the sun came out we went to the carnival. I couldn't resist and just had to put her on a few rides. She liked the Mary-go-Round, and the little train that went in circles.

Despite the cold, and rainy weather we had a fantastic Labor Day.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Onion Days!! So fun. Molly looks so much like you. We get to see you tomorrow!!!

Tyler and Kristen said...

Wow, wish i was there. Molly should have won, she is adorable in that outfit!

Mama Bear said...

I didn't even think about putting up the baby contest picture. I still love Molly's picture.

Traci said...

I remember going to Onion Days. It was great! What a fun weekend! Molly is so cute!

Warrior Princesa said...

i love onion days!!!! how fun for the family!! molly is so cute! so are you! miss you meg!